Your privacy is important to the Catskill Conservations Corps and the Trail Conference. This statement discloses the information practices for this website, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
To be very clear: The Catskill Conservation Corps and the Trail Conference do not sell or trade the names or contact information of its members. Your contact information will only be used for communication between you and the Catskill Conservation Corps, the Trail Conference and other organizations or agencies with events listed on this website.
In general all the information gathered on our website is anonymous and we will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide us with such information when you fill out event, workshop or volunteer forms.
The anonymous statistical information gathered by the server, hit counters and search mechanism is only used to improve the site by noticing which areas are actually used heavily and might warrant improvement.
If you contact us by postal mail, telephone, or electronically, via an on-line form, the material you submit may be seen by various staff or office volunteers. We may enter the information you sent into our electronic database. In limited circumstances, including requests from courts or private individuals, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit. (Freedom of Information Act)
The Catskill Conservation Corps and the Trail Conference make heavy use of email to keep postage costs down and get timely information out quickly. We strive to keep the frequency down and relevance high by focusing on selective groups.
E-mail addresses and phone numbers will only be released to organizations involved in events being promoted on this website and in general will only be used for communication with you or others that you explicitly permit, e.g. general news mailings to members.
E-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information like your bank account, charge card, or social security number, you might want to communicate it by telephone or postal mail instead.
Online store connections are via SSL and hence secure.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system and retrieve it when you return to the website at some later time. This cookie contains only information you supplied to our server and is not available to other websites (except possibly via bugs in your browser). We do not store the cookie on the server. You can set most browsers to either accept, reject or prompt for attempts to store a cookie on your system.
Web beacons, etc.
Our bulk email programs use web bugs to tell if you have opened the email. We may use that information in considering future communications.
While few pages of this site are directed towards children, we are committed to comply with applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Specifically:
- You may Contact operator of the website for resolution of problems.
- No information is requested from children under 13, nor is any attempt made to ascertain the age of such respondents. Such requests may be made incidentally and children may fill out forms that reveal private information. Children are encouraged to read the information on the website and to respond via forms or email if appropriate. They should not give out any private information about themselves other than that necessary to respond to them.
- Any private information collected will be kept internally or discarded and not given to third parties. It will only be used to respond to requests. Information posted to the Viewpoint forum will be monitored and if we know that the information is from a child under 13, we may delete it (and reply privately) or modify it to contain less private information.
- Parents may request that we delete any information submitted by their children.
- Copy of FCC Child Protection Policy Rules
General links for more information about privacy